Monday, March 23, 2009

What kept me busy...

It took me 2 years (since I landed in Dubai) and 3 drafts to post my first blog. Finally, I decided to publish atleast one during my lifetime! Thanks to the autosave feature of Google, this blog survives. What am I doing in Dubai? I am working for Emirates Airlines IT Dept.

Its funny that few years ago before Emirates I took an oath with my friends that we'll fly on a plane atleast once. To fly was a dream then... And now, I have not only flied on a world class plane, I am also working for them.

What is keeping me busy? My last project was to work on the new Microsoft's Surface and my job is to update the contents and keep the system up. And just like others, my first reaction was "WOW" and in couple of months since we got, Emirates unveiled the E-Zone.




Press release links:
http://www.gulfnews.com/Business/Aviation/10293669.html
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index2.php?option=com_gallery&id=549277
google for the rest...

It was amusing to see kids jumping on it to draw on the postcard app and checking their fingers to see if it took colors dipping in the palette. Microsoft calls it a Natural User Interface (NUI), coming after its GUI. Honestly, the snaps don't tell much and you have to touch it to feel the excitement.

We also have placed couple of Tablet PCs, XBox pentapod (5 sided XBox), XBox Racing simulator in the zone.

Apart from Surfacing, my role is to offer solutions on document management (I Know!) and administrating the Documentum servers and platform for the entire group. Its challenging and I am learning! as it is also the first time for me.

Why so many firsts? before I came to Emirates, I was a Multimedia developer working Flash ActionScript and Director Lingo programming, eLearning.... I have had quite a ride.

I am guessing, what's next....?

7 comments:

  1. Ada Ada...great going. All the best...:-)
    It was nice to read your blog...post more......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude.....nice to see that you are somewhere up in the ladder......we wish we could atleast catch up with the first few steps of the ladder.....
    Hope u give appointments to see you if we wanted to.... :-)
    Keep growing mate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice start buddy!...

    soooo... you wanna know "what's next....?" How were the chicks in the Emirates? I guess now you know whats next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anu - Thanks ma'm :)

    Sethu - you can talk about my appointment with my secretary then ;)

    Roshan - let's not talk abt them openly :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..The Kishhh blogs! Well, welcome to the bloggin' world, buddy! Still wondering what could be "the next"? Lemme give u some options:
    1. Your second blog post
    2. get married of whatever type!
    3. send me a surface, 2 xboxes and a few other goodies..u know me!
    4. Just relax..enjoy life!

    I am guessing "4" wud be your option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kishore,

    Great to hear about your developments and dreams actualised..
    All the very best.. do you work on MS Surface scripting,etc.

    Regards,
    Ram Anand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ram. Not yet, just got the SDK, have to start on that and see.. looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete